How do I enroll in the Honors Program?
The Honors Program at South Florida State College provides several avenues for entrance. Students may want to discuss options with an SFSC academic counselor or with the Director of the Honors Program.
Admission: Student must meet at least one of the criteria below to be admitted to the Honors Program. Students already enrolled at SFSC must meet the college GPA criterion (3.30 cumulative GPA) unless electing the application by letter.
- SAT Reasoning Test (mathematics: minimum score 600; critical reading: minimum score 550)
- ACT (English: minimum score 25; mathematics: minimum score 25; reading: minimum score 25)
- PERT (Postsecondary Education Readiness Test) (reading: minimum score 125; writing: minimum score 125)
- CPT (Computerized Placement Test) (sentence skills component: minimum score 111)
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.65 (weighted), or rank at top 10 percent of high school class
- College cumulative GPA of 3.30 in at least 12 hours of college credit courses
- Application by letter to the Honors Council, accompanied by two letters of recommendation from college instructors. This option requires a personal interview with the Honors Council
Can I take an Honors course even if I am not in the Program?
You may take an Honors course with the Instructor’s permission; you may find it so enjoyable that you want to join!