What is the Association of Florida Colleges (AFC)?
AFC is the professional organization for Florida College System employees that…
- promotes legislation beneficial to institutional and individual members
- advocates and provides professional training, education, and development opportunities
- enhances public awareness of Florida's colleges
- enhances and encourages communication among individual and institutional members
What do I get as a member?
- Professional development: Develop skills in leadership, public speaking, advocacy, team work and interpersonal relationships
- Access to information on issues and programs that affect higher education, the state college system, and you
- Opportunities to attend workshops and conferences learning new skills and knowledge
- Opportunities to apply for AFC partnership scholarships and grants to continue your education
- Connections with colleagues both at your college and colleges around the state
- A voice in issues that affect your college and you as a college employee or retiree. Attend AFC meetings, ask questions and voice your opinion on issues that impact you, your institution, and your students.
- Collaboration in advocacy efforts: You directly benefit from the advocacy strengths of the Association
- Lifelong friendships with others having the same interests
- Opportunities to help others through local and statewide service projects