Adult Basic Education (ABE)
General Educational Development (GED)
Adult Education Online Classes
Steps to Getting Started
- Apply to the college - Application (PDF)
- To be eligible for in-state tuition and rates, you must show 12 months of residency in the state with two valid forms of identification.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must meet with the director of Adult Education and complete the waiver process.
- If you are under the age of 24 and do not claim yourself as an independent, a parent/guardian must declare residency for you.
- Testing: TABE/CASAS
- Who to call? 863-784-7441
- Where to go? SFSC Highlands Campus, Building H, Room 201
- What to bring: GID (student ID), comfortable attire
- What not to bring: children, cell phones
- After completing the assessment, decide which course to register for and make an appointment for an orientation with the online instructor.
- Do not leave the assessment center without completing a registration form and scheduling an orientation!
- Pay your tuition after completing the assessment. Tuition should be paid to the Cashier on the first floor of Building B.