The SFSC Information Technology (IT) Department offers structured, manageable, planned technology services. The services of IT include but are not limited to:
- Application support (Banner)
- Anti-virus and SPAM protection management
- Audio/visual equipment support and loan
- Backup management
- Banner system management
- Budget and funding management
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning
- E-mail services
- Equipment roll out, maintenance and tracking
- Hardware inventory refresh program management
- Help Desk Services (end-user support)
- Internet services
- Network Management (WAN/LAN/Wireless)
- Security planning and management
- Smart Classroom technical support
- Software licenses and media management
- Technology Project Management
- Telecommunications management
- Two-way Interactive video system management
- Vendor support contracts management
- Video and Teleconferencing Center scheduling
In order to provide customer service for all faculty, and staff who use these services, the IT Help Desk was established as the direct point of contact.
The IT Department and Help Desk are located on the Highlands Campus, first floor of Building I.
Help Desk support is available 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., weekdays, except for college holidays by calling 863-784-7462 or e-mail: email@example.com.
The function of IT includes all technology-related projects that are designed to meet the needs of the college as identified in the Technology Master Plan. The Technology Master Plan (TMP) is a three-year plan that maps out the technology direction for SFSC. It is anticipated that this plan will be reviewed annually and will help guide annual Unit Action Planning (UAP) by unit managers. The TMP provides a status report on technology goals defined for the past and current years and a road map of future technology goals including linkages to College planning themes and goals, definitions of necessary resources (costs, facility, personnel), and statements of how successful achievements of goals will be measured.