All faculty who teach college and occupational credit courses, both fulltime and adjunct, will make available to each student in his/her class with a syllabus (course policy statement) on the first day that the student is in the class, in accordance with the following provisions:
- The syllabus will consist of, but not necessarily be limited to:
- A description of the course and student learning outcomes content
- Instructor’s grading/evaluation policy
- Instructor’s class attendance policy
- When applicable, provide information on state requirements for general education
- Cheating/plagiarism policy
- Policies on visitors in the classroom and religious holiday observance
- Students with disabilities procedure
These will be strictly adhered to by the instructor for the entire term.
- The course description in the College Catalog, together with the approved course, description of the course and student learning outcomes, constitute an agreement between the college and the student.
- The instructor will address all such student learning outcomes within the span of the course.