Title: Salary Equity Adjustments
Based on Policy:
5.14 - Salary Schedule and Compensation
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services/ Human Resources
To provide procedures related to salary equity adjustments
- The president may authorize salary equity adjustments in addition to those awarded by across-the-board increases, salary schedule adjustments and reclassifications.
- Requests for salary equity adjustments are to be initiated by the employee’s supervisor in the form of a memorandum addressed to the appropriate area administrator (or to the appropriate executive administrator if the position supervisor is an area administrator). The memorandum should outline and support the basis for the request, including (but not limited to) increased expectations of the position other than those requiring a reclassification, the competitive nature of the position, and/or increased value of the position to the institution.
- All further requests will be reviewed by the appropriate executive administrator for further consideration and recommendation to the president.
- Typical request for salary equity adjustments occurs during the budget planning process for implementation in the following fiscal year. Requests should be received by the appropriate executive administrator no later than March 31 to receive consideration.
- To be considered for a salary equity adjustment, the employee must be in good standing with the college.
History: Adopted: 9/13/05