Title: Flex-Time Scheduling for All Administrators
Based on Policy:
5.22 - Work Schedules
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services
To provide information and direction for full-time administrators to perform their assigned tasks on a 40-hour per week flex-time schedule
- The basic work week requirement is 40 hours per week and shall be performed during the established work week period of Friday midnight through the following Friday at midnight.
- The 40 hours of work assignment shall normally consist of five eight-hour work periods from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or as otherwise approved by the president.
- Administrators’ duties and responsibilities cannot be tied to the above 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday time schedule. Therefore, each administrator’s work schedule shall be flexible in order that he/she will be able to successfully complete his/her job requirements whenever necessary. During emergency situations, administrators shall work when and where directed/needed as determined by the president or administrator in charge.
- During those periods when an administrator will not be on campus it will be necessary that he/she keep his/her staff informed as to where he/she may be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, in case of emergencies or an immediate need for a decision.
- A flex-time schedule for administrators, while making it possible for an administrator to adjust his/her day-to-day work schedule in satisfaction of the 40 hour per week requirement, does not allow an administrator to accumulate hours worked in excess of 40 per week to be taken as compensatory time at some later date. No administrator may earn compensatory time or overtime pay.
History: Last Revised: 6/1/05
Revised: 2/6/02, 6/1/05