Title: Field Trips
Based on Policy:
7.03 - Safety and Traffic Control
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services
To provide guidance to faculty or staff planning a field trip for students
If a faculty member arranges a field trip for his or her class, field trip proposals and requests for leave will be coordinated through the instructional supervisor and division dean.
If a faculty or college employee arranges a field trip for student organizations or non-classroom related activity, the field trip proposal and requests for leave will be coordinated through the student activities coordinator and dean, student services.
In order to sponsor a field trip, the faculty or staff must complete the following steps:
- Complete the Field Trip Proposal form and submit it to the instructional supervisor and dean for approval three weeks prior the proposed trip.
- Complete, in duplicate, the Leave Request form and request Temporary Duty Leave for college employee coordinating field trip.
- If a college-owned vehicle is to be used, the employee must request use three weeks prior to the field trip.
- If a college-owned vehicle is to be used and the driver is an employee of South Florida State College (SFSC), he/she must be an approved driver on file with the Human Resources Department.
- If the driver is not an employee of SFSC, he/she must first submit a Volunteer Service Application through the Human Resources Department. When the proposed driver is approved, the driver's license check will be initiated/completed.
- All students must submit a combined Emergency Contact/Release form to the instructor (sponsor) before the day of the field trip. A listing of all students and copies of the emergency contact/release forms should be submitted to the controller prior to the field trip. A copy of the form can be obtained from the controller’s office. If under age 18, a student must sign this form and have the signature of his/her parent or guardian.
History: Last Revised: 4/03/12
Reviewed: 10/29/04, 10/29/07
Revised: 10/30/01, 11/10/09, 4/03/12