Title: Key Control
Based on Policy:
7.03 - Safety and Traffic Control
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services
To establish a system for issuing, controlling, and recovering keys for the campus
- Keys for opening classrooms, labs, study areas, and the like will be issued to full and part-time employees with written authorization of the respective vice president, dean, department chairperson, director, or coordinator. No authorization will be accepted from any lower level of responsibility.
- Outside building door keys will be issued on an extremely limited basis with authorization from a vice president.
- Individual faculty and instructors will be issued key(s) for opening their assigned office and teaching areas.
- Final paychecks for full or part-time employees will be withheld until all keys have been returned properly.
- Special circumstances will be handled on an individual basis.
- Isolated or one-time use of a campus facility shall be handled by having security unlock and relock the individual room and/or building.
- Lost or stolen keys will be reported to the security.
- The loaning or duplication of college keys is absolutely forbidden.
- In the event an employee fails to return issued keys, the employee’s supervisor will attempt to recover the issued keys.
History: Last Reviewed: 1/31/08
Reviewed: 1/31/05, 1/31/08