Title: Accident Information
Based on Policy:
7.03 - Safety and Traffic Control
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services
To provide a system for recording and investigating accident information for college employees
- All on-the-job injuries, regardless of severity, must initially be reported to the employee’s immediate supervisor. The supervisor is to be advised of the accident, by the injured employee, immediately or as soon after an injury as permits.
- Injuries requiring treatment should be referred to a local hospital or medical emergency treatment facility.
- All employee injury cases requiring medical treatment or involving lost time must be reported to the director, human resources immediately, either by the employee or the immediate supervisor if the employee is unable to take this action.
- The Worker’s Compensation Notice of Injury form will be completed by the Human Resources Department, based on information provided by the injured employee or the immediate supervisor. The Human Resources Department is responsible for forwarding the completed report form to the appropriate insurance carrier.
- The director, human resources shall prepare an investigative report on all employee related accidents involving injury. The report will be prepared based upon the supervisor’s investigation of the accident and any further investigation deemed necessary. The supervisor will provide a copy of the report to the injured employee if so requested. In instances of severe and lost time injuries, the Human Resources Department will be advised by telephone immediately upon being notified of the injury and the director, human resources shall assist in the initial investigation and render a report within 24 hours, in order to comply with worker’s compensation reporting requirements.
- Accidents or incidents involving college property or persons other than employees will be reported to the vice president for administrative services. The vice president will prepare an investigative report on all such incidents.
History: Last Reviewed: 1/31/08
Reviewed: 1/31/05, 1/31/08