Title: Deletion of Courses from College Curriculum Inventory
Based on Policy:
2.09 - College Publications
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Educational and Student Services/ Curriculum Support
To ensure that South Florida State College is in compliance with Florida Statute 1007.24 (8) and the college catalog provides current and accurate information to students and the public
- In November of each year, the coordinator, curriculum support will provide all instructional supervisors a course deletion list that identifies all courses that have not been taught during the past five years.
- Instructional supervisors will validate the courses that have not been taught for the preceding five years and are appropriate to delete.
- Instructional supervisors must submit a written rationale for not deleting courses if they expect that a course will be taught in the near feature. The request to continue the course is submitted to the coordinator, curriculum support.
- The coordinator, curriculum support will submit to the division dean(s), director, eLearning (if a distance learning course) and curriculum committee the recommendation for deletion of courses not taught in the past five years and course related lab fee, if appropriate.
- The curriculum committee will forward the approved course deletion proposal to the learning and student success committee (LASS).
- Upon recommendation of the LASS committee, the LASS committee chair shall forward proposal to the vice president for educational and student services who will forward the proposal to the President’s Council and to the SFSC District Board of Trustees (DBOT) for approval. The vice president for educational and student services will notify the coordinator, curriculum support of the DBOT action.
- When a course is deleted, any fee(s) associated with the course is deleted automatically.
- The coordinator, curriculum support will notify the instructional supervisors, curriculum committee chair, registrar, cashiers /controller (if lab fees), campus directors, counseling chair and director, eLearning of the DBOT action. The coordinator, curriculum support will maintain the college’s official records of deleted courses.
History: Last Revised: 4/03/12
Revised: 1/21/02, 6/5/07, 8/11/09, 4/03/12