To provide guidelines for handling placement of certain documents in an employee’s personnel file
- Documents evidencing disciplinary action and/or noting performance deficiencies or policy/procedure violations must be presented to the employee for review and signature.
- Signature by the employee will indicate awareness that the document will be placed in the personnel file. A statement to that effect will precede the signature line.
- After review, the employee may refuse to sign the document. In this event, the review date and signatures of the witness(s) present will be affixed to the document. Refusal by the employee to sign the document will not prevent its placement in the personnel file.
- A copy of the document will be provided to the employee.
- The employee will have the opportunity to respond in writing to any correspondence in the personnel file. Such written response will be placed in the personnel file.