Title: Personnel Files
Based on Policy:
2.15 - Safekeeping, Reproduction, and Destruction of Records
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services/Human Resources
To insure accountability and confidentiality of personnel files
- The director, human resources is responsible for the safekeeping of all applications, recommendations, verifications of experience, employment records, and all other personnel documents for all employees of the college, including work-study students and former employees.
- Personnel files are kept in locked fire-protected containers as prescribed by SBE Administrative Rules.
- An individual who wishes to review a personnel file must request, in writing, to the director, human resources his/her desire to do so. Access limitations prescribed by Florida statutes apply to college personnel records.
- An employee’s personnel record will not be removed from the Personnel Office for any reason, except in the case of a subpoena of records by a court of law. In this instance a certified copy of the records will be provided.
- An employee’s personnel file will be made available to the immediate supervisor or anyone in that employee’s direct chain of command upon request. The individual reviewing the file will do so in the Human Resources Office in the presence of the director, human resources or designee.
History: Last Reviewed: 1/31/08
Reviewed: 1/13/05, 1/31/08