Title: Student Activity Prizes
Based on Policy:
3.28 - Student Activities
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Educational and Student Services
To establish a procedure for the use of college funds to finance prizes to be awarded to students as a result of contests operated by student clubs or the college itself
- Any person connected with the college desiring to conduct a contest, the prize(s) for which would come from college funds generated from any source other than donations or club dues, shall be required to obtain the approval of the dean, student services, Student Government Association advisor and Student Government Association (SGA) prior to the public announcement of the contest.
- Such person should prepare a proposal for the activity in writing, containing information on prospective participants, expected source of monies, type of contest or activity, expected date of the award of prize(s) and the form of the prize.
- The proposal should be submitted in writing to dean, student services, SGA advisor and SGA two weeks prior to the contest’s planned public announcement so that a response can be forwarded.
- The dean, student services will decide on the request based on the proposal and on applicable laws, statutes and rules. If not approved, the dean shall respond in writing to the appropriate advisor, detailing the reasons for the decision.
- The only college funds that may be used to fund such prizes will be funds received by the college as student activity fees or funds received for the specific prize.
History: Last Reviewed: 4/12/12
Revised: 8/1/89, 12/4/01, 7/19/05, 5/20/08