Title: Concession Sales
Based on Policy:
3.28 - Student Activities
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Educational and Student Services
To provide procedures for maintaining proper control and accounting for funds generated by campus concession stand operations
All clubs or organizations sponsoring campus activities where concessions are to be sold shall make arrangements with the coordinator, student activities, and/or an Athletic Department representative concerning the availability of equipment. Arrangements with the South Florida State College (SFSC) Cashier’s Office shall be made concerning cash collection.
- Concession stand sales must report to the SFSC Cashier’s Office for a change fund. (Note: Sale of goods using donated items would not be considered a concession operation.)
- Concession sales must be dispensed in containers approved by the controller. Soft drinks must comply with the college’s exclusive beverage contract and should be purchased through the college cafeteria.
- An SFSC student or staff member will operate the concession stand. A club or organization may not enter into an agreement with outside personnel to come onto any SFSC campus to operate a concession stand.
- Concession revenues from an event belong to the organization that sponsors the event. If an organization requests help with the concession stand, a student, club, or staff member may be paid for working the event. Payment shall be made by the sponsoring organization by check or transfer of funds.
- It is the responsibility of the club or organization to keep files.
- All copies of receipts, copies of inventory invoices, and credit memos for returned products will be retained in the club organization files.
- A list of unsold items that could not be returned to vendors and a statement concerning their disposition.
- The change funds must be returned to the SFSC Cashier’s Office and signed in by the club or organization member. Concession revenue will be deposited into the club or organization custody account and a receipt will be given.
History: Last Reviewed: 4/12/12
Revised: 1/21/02, 6/1/05, 7/15/08