Title: Solicitation on College-Owned or Operated Facilities by Students (Non-Profit Organizations)
Based on Policy:
3.34 - Solicitations by Students
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President For Educational And Student Services/Student Services
To provide guidelines for solicitation by individual students, clubs or organizations on campus
- Only non-profit organizations and representatives thereof may be approved for solicitation on college sites for causes beneficial to the student body, South Florida State College and the community.
- Students, clubs or organizations seeking approval to solicit on college sites must submit a written request to the dean, student services. The dean or designee has the authority to approve and supervise all solicitations by student clubs and organizations on college sites.
- Unnecessary interruption of free movement of students or ongoing activities will be prohibited.
- Solicitation will be restricted to designated college locations. If solicitors do not meet these guidelines or are disorderly in their activities the dean, student services designee has the authority to terminate approved activities.
- The dean, student services will work closely with the Community Relations and Marketing Office concerning the appropriateness of solicitations on college sites.
History: Last Reviewed: 4/12/12
Reviewed: 7/15/08, 4/12/12
Revised: 8/1/89, 1/21/02, 6/1/05