Title: Employee Enrollment in Courses at South Florida State College
Based on Policy:
5.02 - Employee Benefits
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Administrative Services/ Human Resources
To describe the conditions under which an eligible employee may take course work from this institution while in its employ
An employee who wishes to enroll in course work must comply with the following guidelines:
- Make every effort to enroll in courses offered during non-working hours.
- If courses are only available during work hours or if other extenuating circumstances prevent the employee from enrolling during non-working hours, the employee must:
- Be granted approval in advance by the immediate supervisor for a work schedule change which would provide for the continued efficient operation of the college and meet work week requirements
- Request the use of personal or annual leave for the anticipated absence while pursuing course work. Leave must be authorized in advance by the employee’s supervisor.
- Receive approval from the appropriate vice president and/or president to enroll in more than one course per term or more than five contact hours per week.
- Employees may not enroll in a program that leads to a certificate or license if the primary course work is taught or supervised by a subordinate.
History: Last Revised: 7/13/10
Revised: 12/4/01, 6/1/05, 7/13/10