Career Development Center
Job Referral and Placement Services
The SFSC Career Development Center provides many services to assist job seekers in our community including:
- Posting available job openings on our Career Center website, and facilitating referrals of job seekers to employers.
- Helping job seekers submit job applications and prepare for interviews.
- Providing free employability skills small group workshops.
- Offering free individual job coaching and mentoring.
- Sponsoring periodic Job Fairs on campus.
- Giving you access to computers, the Internet, and limited FAX service.
All SFSC Career Development Center job placement services are free to students, alumni, employers, and the general public.
If you are a new college graduate or will be graduating soon, see us for assistance with:
If you are looking for a job we can:
- Make you aware of current job openings and offer job search tips.
- Connect you with federal, state, and local job sites.
- Provide you with occupational information and current labor market data.
- Notify you of upcoming Featured Employer and Job Fair events on campus.
- Help you access and complete online job applications.
- Work with you to create, or update, your resume and cover letter.
- Provide mock interviews with feedback for improvement.
- Give you access to computers, the Internet, and FAX services.
Check out the Current Career Center Job Postings
Postings on this Job Board area are for current paid employment opportunities throughout the college’s service district of DeSoto, Hardee, and Highlands counties and beyond. You are not required to be an SFSC student to inquire about these positions through the Career Center. You are encouraged to visit this website often as job postings are updated regularly.
Career Center Job Board
If you are interested in any of the job openings posted, contact the Career Development Center to discuss how to apply. You must have a current and suitably targeted resume to be referred. (We can assist you in resume preparation if you do not have a current resume.)