| Closed until August 26
Open to all students, the writing lab offers one-to-one tutoring on any writing problem or project. The writing specialist provides advice, explains rules and principles, and guides you to resources – both in print and online – to help improve your writing. The writing specialist will show you how to edit your work, but will not edit your work for you.
Students can make an appointment by calling 863-784-7423. Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Wait times vary depending on the number of students in the lab and the number of tutors available at the time.
The Writing Lab is not an editing and proofreading service.
Please do not expect us to edit your paper.
Bring these things with you:
- Copies of the draft or paper you’re working on (free-writing, notes, scribbles – whatever you have). Make sure typed copies are DOUBLE-SPACED, so that revisions can be made.
- A copy of the assignment (or your notes if the assignment was given orally).
- Any reading materials, notes, or research the paper is to be about.
- Your questions and uncertainties.
- Your own writing materials, notebook, pad of paper, or laptop computer that you would like to work on.
- If you are referred to the Writing Lab, bring the draft containing your instructor's comments.