Florida Student Assistance Grant – Career Education (FSAG-CE)
The Florida Student Assistance Grant - Career Education (FSAG-CE) is a need-based grant program available to Florida residents enrolled in certificate programs at participating community colleges. At SFSC, an eligible student may receive an FSAG-CE minimum of $200 per term.
To be eligible for this grant, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA should be processed by SFSC's Priority Deadline date of April 15. Funds are limited; therefore, there is no guarantee you will receive these funds. Apply early!
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Must have been a Florida resident for at least one year.
- Be enrolled in an eligible certificate program.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term.
- Have a Pell-eligible EFC (Expected Family Contribution), as determined by the FAFSA.
- Have not have previously received a bachelor's degree.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress at SFSC.
FSAG-CE awards have specific completion renewal requirements that are different from the minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Full-time enrolled (24 credits) students must complete 24 hours.
- Three-quarter time enrolled (18 credits) students must complete 18 hours.
- Half-time enrolled (12 credits) students must complete 12 hours.
- All students receiving FSAG-CE must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- More information on the Florida Student Assistance Grant - Career Education (FSAG-CE).
Financial Assistance Services will verify your eligibility based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.