Who is eligible?
- Student must be enrolled in a certificate or associate degree program (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.) at SFSC.
- Student must also be a U.S. citizen or be eligible for federal financial aid.
- Student must meet at least one of the following three criteria:
- Low income (according to Federal Government guidelines based on taxable income)
- First generation college students (meaning that neither parent/guardian has a bachelor’s degree)
- Documented disability
What is the SSS/TRiO Application Process?
- Students must fill out an application. Please submit your application as soon as possible as space is limited to 160 participants. Any student may be accepted into SSS/TRiO, regardless of age or year in school.
Student Support Services applications are available on the Forms page, or stop by the Student Support Services office to pick up an application. Student Support Services is located on the first floor of Building Y (library) in Room 102 on the Highlands campus at 600 W. College Drive, Avon Park, FL 33825.
- Once a complete application is received and program eligibility is determined, the student will be contacted to schedule an interview. Each eligible student must provide proof of identity, income, and citizenship at this time. Also, students applying indicating eligibility based on disability must provide documentation at the time of the interview.
- After the interview, the student will be notified about her or his acceptance status into the program via acceptance letter. If accepted, the student will be assigned an advisor and can begin to use any of the services SSS/TRiO provides immediately.