The Financial Aid Department is available year-round to assist families with the application process and with questions related to the receipt of their aid.
Financial Aid Information:
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs - VA Benefits
- Financial Aid Checklist
- SFSC Scholarships
- SFSC has over 90 scholarships for which members of the military may apply and one that is restricted to current or past members of the U.S. military.
- Matthew Brian Prestridge Scholarship at SFSC
Mr. Prestridge was a Wauchula resident and member of the Florida Army National Guard who was lost in a non-military death in June 2010. He was active in supporting returning veterans. This scholarship will be funded on an annual basis by contributions from a variety of donors. Please ask staff in SFSC’s Financial Aid Department for more information on this scholarship.
- Federal Aid:
- For questions about the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800 4 FED AID or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- SFSC’s federal school code is 001522.
- The FAFSA is your application for: Pell Grants, SEOG, Work-Study, and student loans
- State Aid:
- State Scholarships and Grants:
- Florida Department of Education
- 1-888-827-2004 Toll-Free
- Email: OSFA@fldoe.org
- Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans (CSDDV):
- The State of Florida provides scholarships for dependent children of Florida veterans or servicemen who died in action or died from service-connected diseases or disabilities, have been verified by the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs as having service-connected 100 percent total and permanent disabilities, have been determined to have service-connected total and permanent disability ratings of 100 percent and are in receipt of disability retirement from any branch of the United States Armed Services, or are classified as prisoners of war or missing in action. Specific residency requirements apply and the veteran must have served during specific wars, conflicts or events. Visit the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs website for contact information and benefits assistance.
- Florida Department of Education – Office of Student Financial Assistance
Financial Aid Office:
863-784-7134 or 863-784-7254