Register for GED on Computer
Beginning 1/1/2014, there will be a new GED exam. Scores from the current series will not transfer to the new exam. Even if you have already registered on the current site, you will need to set up a new account. To set up your account and register for an exam in 2014, please visit www.ged.com
- For the new exam, there will be 4 modules.
- The cost is $32 per module, or $128 for the entire exam
- You must earn a minimum of 150 points on each module
- You may attempt each module a total of three times. The discounted rate for retakes is $12
SFSC provides GED® candidates the opportunity to take their examination on computer. While the GED® test is now available on computer, that does not mean you can earn the GED® credential online. Even the GED® test on computer requires you to take the test in an Official GED Testing Center™.
Advantages to taking the examination on computer are:
- Candidates have the ability to register and schedule 24/7 without calling the Testing Center.
- When you take the examination, you can test at your own pace and move on at your own pace, rather than waiting for the entire class to finish.
- You can view your score results for four of the five content areas instantly. The essay results will be available within a few days.
Each subtest is $26, and a credit or debit card is required at the time of registration.
We recommend you visit www.pearsoncustom.com/gedmathstrategies/ and register for the free math tutorial. This tutorial explores each component on the math portion of the exam. It will provide you with a supplemental guide to print out, as well as another link to explain the use of a scientific calculator. Please note that your registration for this material is separate from your registration for the actual online exam.
Instructions on how to register and schedule your exam.
As you navigate the site, in addition to the registration instructions, you will find information on all aspects of the examination. This includes tutorial links, practice exams, fee-based study guides and much more.
*When you schedule, you will see the GED® Scheduling Guidelines. It is important to read these. In addition to the information provided, be aware that the SFSC Testing Center guidelines also apply. This includes the requirement you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time with a government-issued photo ID. Arrival more than 15 minutes after your scheduled time will require you to reschedule your exam. Please note that research suggests candidates who break their exam up over at least two days have a higher passing rate than those taking the entire test in one day.
We look forward to seeing you at the Testing Center!